Our College is proud of its vibrant and diverse multicultural community and recognises the importance that faith, belief and spirituality play in the lives of many people.
Through chaplaincy service, we offer pastoral care, a confidential listening ear and spiritual support to anyone in our College community, no matter whether you consider yourself religious or not.
The Chaplain’s at Carlow College are here to enable students on their faith journey and to offer guidance and support to meet life’s challenges and assist in making life’s choices. Our office offers the following support services:
- A sympathetic ear and supportive presence
- Spiritual guidance
- Support in times of loneliness, illness, bereavement, family/personal crisis
- Prayer Services
- Thought for the day/prayer tables/prayer wall/book of intentions
- Sacred space
- Links with other agencies such as: Samaritans, AA, Talk It Over, Carlow Volunteer Service
- Opportunities for volunteering at home and in developing countries
- Fundraising for charitable organisations
- Justice issues/St. Vincent de Paul