Third Level Access is co-funded by the Department of Education and Skills and the European Social Fund as part of the ESF Programme for Employability, Inclusion and Learning 2014-2020
Learners with disabilities/learning differences have access to a range of software and hardware supports depending on their individual requirements.The Academic Resource Office provides individual and group training sessions throughout the academic year. For further information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Text Help Read &Write Gold 11 is a ‘one stop solution’ which integrates reading, writing, studying and research support tools with common applications. It is a software package with a simple to use toolbar that ‘floats’ on top of any open application, including Microsoft® Word, Google Docs™, Mozilla Firefox®, Internet Explorer®, Google Chrome™, and Adobe Reader®, to make digital content accessible.
Read & Write Gold features include:
- Speech feedback, word prediction, phonetic spell checker and talking dictionary functions.
- It can convert scanned paper documents into word files that can be read aloud and edited.
- It can capture text or images (with their sources) from any application, including the Internet.
- It can convert text into audio files for use on portable audio devices such as MP3 players or smart phones.
- Other advanced features include a pronunciation tutor for more accurate speech and pronunciation, and PDF Aloud, which facilitates speech with highlighting in PDF files.
Dragon Naturally Speaking is a voice recognition software that is easy to set up and use. Particularly useful for learners with specific learning difficulties dexterity, mobility or memory issues, it can help you get more done in less time with 99% accuracy.
Dragon Naturally Speaking software allows you to:
- Train the PC or laptop to recognise your voice (practice required).
- Use your voice to manage a PC or laptop.
- Have complete hands-free control of a PC or laptop.
- Dictate assignments and documents on to your PC or laptop rather than typing them.
- Reduce the strain that using a PC or laptop puts on hands, eyes and shoulders.
This software is available as a single user licence. For further information, please click here.
Never miss a word™! The Livescribe Smartpen allows you to record everything you write, hear or say with ease. The camera located at the tip of the pen tracks the exact location of the nib on the page and allows you to write digital notes.
The Livescribe Smartpen allows you to:
- Record audio files while taking notes simultaneously.
- Write digital notes using special dot paper.
- Replay your lectures by tapping on your notes.
- Transfer your notes and audio to your PC or laptop via a USB cable.
- Use Echo Desktop™ to store, organise, replay and share important notes.