Applicants from QQI-FET Awards
Carlow College, St. Patrick’s has a long standing tradition of serving QQI-FET (formerly known as FETAC) students. Students with the relevant and appropriate QQI-FET Level 5/6 awards, may be admitted on a competitive basis a Carlow College, St Patrick’s degree programmes.
Students are offered the quota of places reserved for QQI-FET applicants. Places are limited and will be allocated based on the applicant’s score only. Please click here to visit the CAO website for details of the scoring scheme. The best 8 Modules in a single award will be used for the calculation of points. Where more than one applicant has the same score, applicants will be ranked by the CAO on a random basis. For all courses, the required modules can be completed over multiple sittings leading to an appropriate award.
Carlow College, St. Patrick’s also has Progression Agreements in place to offer progressive pathways to students who successfully complete a linked FET programme in partner Colleges of Further Education.
QQI-FET applicants may apply for entry onto year two of any of our undergraduate degree programmes. This applies where an applicant has gained a full Level 6 award (120 credits) in a programme directly relevant to the Carlow College programme they wish to apply for. Find out more here.
- The easiest way to apply to CAO is to use the online facility. Go to www.cao.ie and click ‘Apply’. Applicants can also request a paper application by contacting the CAO directly.
- It is extremely important that all QQI-FET Applicants have registered with CAO before 1st February at 17:15.
- After the 1st February deadline, the Late Applications facility opens on 5th March. Applicants can make a late application, for a higher fee, until 1st May at 17:15
- Applicants will be asked to tick the ‘Qualifications and Assessments’ section that is relevant to them. QQI-FET Applicants must tick the QQI-FET Applicants box.
- After completing the online CAO application, including sections 1 – 11 of the QQI-FET Applicant Section, Applicants must post any supporting documentation, within seven days to: CAO, Tower House, Eglinton Street, Galway.
- Applicants who obtain the required points for entry onto the programme and hold a full QQI-FET Award, may receive an offer in early August (Round 1).
Carlow College, St. Patrick’s only accept certain QQI-FET Awards for entry to some of our programmes.
|Course||Relevant QQI-FET Programme|
|PC402: Bachelor of Arts in Arts & Humanities||Any full major QQI-FET Level 5/6 award|
|PC410: Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Arts & Humanities||Any full major QQI-FET Level 5/6 award|
|PC411: Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in English and History||Any full major QQI-FET Level 5/6 award|
|PC405: Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Social, Political & Community Studies||
5M2181: Applied Social Studies
|PC404: Bachelor of Arts in Applied Social Studies (Professional Social Care)||
5M2181: Applied Social Studies
QQI-FE Quota for Undergraduate Degrees 2020/2021
- PC402: 5
- PC404: 30
- PC405: 10
- PC410: 10
- PC411 :5
Total places: 60