Carlow College, St. Patrick’s welcomes all Applicants who have obtained a FETAC/QQI level 5/6 Award. FETAC Applicants are assessed separately from all other Applicants and do not have to meet minimum entrance requirements based on leaving certificate results.
Carlow College does NOT have a limit on the number of FETAC Students that can be accepted onto any of it’s Degree programmes. Therefore, any FETAC Learner that meets the outlined requirements may be accepted onto a Degree programme at Carlow College.
Individuals who wish to apply for the level 7 or level 8 programmes at Carlow College, St. Patrick’s must hold a full FETAC/QQI level 5 award, and meet the points requirements.
Visit Careers Portal to convert your FETAC/QQI award to CAO points.
- The easiest way to apply to CAO is to use the online facility. Go to www.cao.ie and click ‘Apply’. Applicants can also request a paper application by contacting the CAO directly.
- It is extremely important that all FETAC Applicants have registered with CAO before 1st February at 17:15.
- After the 1st February deadline, the Late Applications facility opens on 5th March. Applicants can make a late application, for a higher fee, until 1st May at 17:15
- Applicants will be asked to tick the ‘Qualifications and Assessments’ section that is relevant to them. FETAC Applicants must tick the FETAC Applicants box.
- After completing the online CAO application, including sections 1 – 11 of the FETAC Applicant Section, Applicants must post any supporting documentation, within seven days to: CAO, Tower House, Eglinton Street, Galway.
- Applicants who obtain the required points for entry onto the programme and hold a full FETAC/QQI Award, may receive an offer in early August (Round 1).
Carlow College, St. Patrick’s only accept certain FETAC Awards for entry to some of our programmes.
|Course||Relevant FETAC Programme|
|PC402: Bachelor of Arts in Arts & Humanities||Any full major FETAC Level 5/6 award|
|PC410: Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Arts & Humanities||Any full major FETAC Level 5/6 award|
|PC411: Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in English and History||Any full major FETAC Level 5/6 award|
|PC405: Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Social, Political & Community Studies||View Here|
|PC404: Bachelor of Arts in Applied Social Studies (Professional Social Care)||View Here|
Applicants who hold a level 6 FETAC/QQI Award may be eligible for Advanced Entry.
To find out more information regarding our Advanced Entry, please contact: Karen Delenay at:
E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: +353 59 9153243