Advanced Entry Applicants
Carlow College, St. Patrick’s welcomes all Advanced Entry Applications who wish to be considered for entry to any of the College’s Degree programmes. Advanced Entry is an application made directly to Carlow College, St. Patrick’s for a place on an undergraduate course in the second, third or fourth year of study.
To make an Advanced Entry application individuals must be currently completing, or have successfully completed, a minimum of one year of study at Level 6, 7 or 8 in a Higher Education Institution (HEI) or an equivalent. Offers can be made to successful Applicants at any stage in the application process and all decisions on admissions are made by the Admissions Office of Carlow College, St. Patrick’s.
- Download the Application Form or contact the Admissions Office for the application form at: E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: +353 59 9153243.
- Applicants can fill out the application form and additional Supplementary Piece online and email it to: email@example.com or return it by post to: Admissions Office, Carlow College, St. Patrick’s, College St., Carlow.
- The closing date for applications is 29th June 2018.
- Applicants may be contacted by the College and called for interview.
- Applicants who are successful at interview and/or satisfy the outlined requirements needed for entry for the programme, may receive an offer at any stage in the application process. All decisions on admissions are made by the Admissions Office
Applicants who are currently completing/have completed a two-year BTEC Higher National Diploma in Applied Social Studies (Social Care) and who wish to apply for advanced entry on to the B.A in Applied Social Studies in Social Care degree at Carlow College should note the following:
- The progression route for students of the Applied Social Studies in Social Care at Carlow College is as follows: a three year (Level 7) B.A. in Applied Social Studies in Social Care (QQI) plus a one-year add on (Level 8) B.A (Honours) in Applied Social Studies in Social Care (QQI).
- The Level 7 B.A. in Applied Social Studies in Social Care is the recognised professional qualification in Social Care. Up to four places may be available on Year III of the B.A. in Applied Social Studies in Social Care course for applicants who achieve a minimum of 10 distinctions in their BTEC HND Award, subject to receipt of satisfactory references and/or performance at interview.
- Up to five places may be available on Year II of our B.A. in Applied Social Studies in Social Care course for applicants achieving between 5-9 distinctions (should places be available), subject to receipt of satisfactory references and/or performance at interview. Short listing of applicants may occur.
- As per the QQI Award Standards, a minimum of 800 hours placement experience must be achieved by the student on the B.A. in Applied Social Studies in Social Care course. Applicants for Advanced Entry into Year II of the B.A. in Applied Social Studies in Social Care programme will have the opportunity to complete a minimum of 420 hours of placement experience in both Year II and Year III, thus satisfying the Award Standard requirement. Applicants for Advanced Entry into Year III of the programme are advised that a successfully completed third year placement experience only satisfies 420 hours of the 800 hours required and therefore previous placement of a student will need to be carefully assessed at interview stage as a potential query may arise should the student wish to apply for registration at a later stage.