Click & Collect
This service enables registered students and staff of Carlow College, St Patrick’s, to place online reservations for books in the PJ Brophy Library.
When can I collect my reserved books?
Once you place your online request, you will have one day to come in a collect your books. During the summer, Library operating hours are between 9am and 4:45pm; term time hours are between 9am and 8:45pm. You must let library staff know the time you expect to arrive to collect the books.
Where can I collect my reserved books?
You collect the books at the Library Desk where we will have them packaged and ready to go for you. You must have your student ID with you to collect the books. Somebody else can collect the books for you; however, you must email the Library in advance with the name of your nominee at email@example.com and inform us of this. Nominees must present their own ID to Library Staff at time of collection.
How many books can I request?
First, Second and Third years can request three items; Fourth years can request five. This number correlates to borrowing rights.
How do I request a book?
1. Go to the Library web page.
2. Click on ‘Library Catalogue’, which will take you to your Library Account. Log into your library account via your Student ID.
3. Check the number of loans you already have out on your account. If you have maxamised your loan limit you will need to return some items before you borrow more. Return items at the Library Desk.
4. Browse the online catalogue and reserve the times you would like to borrow.
5. It may happen that the book you want to reserve is already on loan. In this case if the book is due to be returned we will contact the borrower and request them to return the item. We will inform you when we have the item.
6. Once you have reserved the book you will have one day to collect. If you do not collect within the day, the books will be returned to the shelves.
7. Normal borrowing rules and regulations apply. If items are overdue on your account you will not be able to reserve any items until your books are returned and the relevant fine paid.