March 8th is International Women’s Day which Carlow College, St. Patrick’s have a strong tradition of celebrating, this year we will again mark the day in collaboration with VISUAL and Carlow County Development Partnership. International Women’s Day is celebrated annually across the world, this years theme is #BalanceforBetter, building a gender-balanced world. The recognition of gender equality and the position of women in Ireland has relevance to all aspects of Irish society both in the public and private spheres. This free public event is open to all, please register to attend.
- 10.30am- Opening with student choir
- 10.45am – Tea & Coffee
- 11.15am – College President, Fr Conn Ó Maoldhomhnaigh will officially rename the College Board Room the ‘Constance Markievicz Room’
- 11.30 am – Gender and Empowerment Workshop. The workshop aims to promote a better understanding of Gender and the root and pervasiveness of Gender inequality in a global context. Cultural constraints, cultural conditioning and the gendered nature of work and family life will be discussed and explored. A plan of action and practical solutions to enhance the inclusion and empowerment of women will also be examined.
- 12.45pm – Performance by Staff Choir
- 1.00pm – Close with Interactive Drumming Workshop