In the shared enterprise of education, through teaching, learning, practice placement and research activity we seek excellence in all we do and endeavour to respond creatively to the needs of our students and of society.
- Our long tradition of education since 1793;
- Our religious tradition and ethos;
- Our inclusivity and respect for other belief systems;
- Our global outreach and our international partnerships;
- Our collaboration with the local statutory, civil and civic authorities, and with other educational providers in promoting the educational, cultural, social and economic development of Carlow town, the county and the hinterland we serve;
- Our student-friendly ethos which promotes the personal, social and cultural development of our students as well as providing them with excellent academic support-services;
- Our interdisciplinary approach to learning in an interactive educational community.