Often when we lose someone close to us, we do not know of where to turn. Carlow College has many services that are available to students who are going through a difficult time in their life.
Part of the Carlovian spirit is knowing that you are not alone and, as a member of the Carlow College community, you will always have a place to turn in a time of need.
Bereavement support at Carlow College walks with you on your journey when you lose someone close to you. The Chaplaincy Office is there for you and will ensure that you do not walk on this journey alone.
Bereavement services that the Chaplaincy Office offer are:
- Prayers/votive candles in the Chapel honouring the deceased
- Sending of messages of sympathy and comfort
- Attending of funeral service (where possible)
- Sending of Mass cards to family members
- Offers support to students returning to college following a period of bereavement